Friday, July 25, 2008

Soft Chocolate Cookies recipe

I have another incredible recipe I have to share. The only problem with these cookies is that they are highly addictive and could result in eating the entire batch. Um... that's what a friend told me of course. They are soft and chewy and are very brownie-like but they're a light cookie. And, as always, they are incredibly easy.


Soft Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups white or chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
Add cocoa and salt. Add flour until just blended (never over-mix flour when baking).
Stir in chocolate chips if you want them. My opinion is they are perfect without them.
Drop small spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes.

I told you it was easy. It's well worth it.

I made this recipe last week with a twist... After making the dough, I put it into a piping bag with a 1cm opening and squeezed out an arrow shape and then two dollops at the bottom of the arrow. Did you guess what those were? Hint: they were for a bachelorette party. Hint 2: I sprinkled chocolate sprinkles on the "dollops". The last thing I'll say is that my friend is marrying a black gentleman. The cookies were hilarious and they were a huge hit. The funniest part is that my dad came over this week and ate the leftovers. My husband wouldn't eat one.

No comments: