Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New York in May

When I got back from New York this last time, I told my husband what a great time I had and how much I would love to spend more time there with him. Then he had the most fantastic idea... "why don't we go for a month?" Hell ya! I got the cat vaccinated last week and now all I need is a box to stuff her in and we're ready!

We're driving down and staying in a sublet. We almost had one nailed down yesterday but it all fell apart... I went to the bank and purchased a bank draft for $7.50 to send the funds with express shipping. The envelope was in my hand ready to drop in the mail when I got a call from the girl. "Sorry to bug you but I just want to make sure you don't smoke." "Nooooo", I replied confidently. Then, she went on, "Also, you don't have any pets?" I was caught. I can't completely lie. I told her that we have a small cat and my parents will be watching her but there is a slight chance that we'll have to bring her with us in case my parents are going away. That was a deal breaker. No matter how much I pleaded with her explaining that my cat is exceptionally clean and non-allergenic and I would pay a cleaning lady extra to do a super thorough job when we leave, she said, "I just don't want a cat in my place." Blurg.

So, we're still looking but I'm confident we won't have a problem finding another great place. I think I'll bring myself to lie this time around.

P.S. For those of you who got your panties in a bunch when I said I was going to stuff my cat in a box, you didn't realize what a luxurious box it would be. Here's a photo of the cat carrier I'm picking up tonight from PetSmart:
If we don't find a sublet, the three of us will stay in there.

No comments: