Saturday, August 29, 2009

Moving to a 2009 Mobile Life

I needed a new cell phone for a while as mine was 2.5 years old and started "expiring" like Sam Bell in the movie, Moon. The ear piece speaker busted so all my friends and family started hearing was, "WHAT? Can you repeat that?!" I don't know why I would yell... their speakers worked just fine I'm sure. My cell phone calls finally turned into, "sorry, my phone is a piece of garbage.. can I call you back in about 10 minutes when I get to a land line?" Enough was enough so Husband and I stopped into a Bell Mobility store at the Eaton Centre after a delicious breakfast at Senator's. I had the Senator breakfast; two fresh Ontario farmed Omega3 eggs fried over-medium with pure unsalted butter, perfectly crispy bacon, mouth-watering baked beans and thickly slicked Challah toast and a coffee... oh sorry, this isn't about food. So, I took my full stomach over to the mall and asked for something called a "smart phone". Have you heard of this new term? I thought my Samsung m500 was prreeeety smart but apparently they come even smarter now.

There were a few things I knew I did and didn't want so it was a matter of narrowing my choices down. I didn't want an iPhone. In fact, I could have used Husbands old 2G iPhone but even the prospect of having a free iPhone didn't even tempt me. I need a keyboard, end of story. I did want html web browsing because that's what I loved most about the iPhone. Drum roll please...

3G Palm Pre

This sweet puppy has everything. It syncs with just about everything (Outlook, iTunes, Google), has full html web browsing, touch screen and slide-out keyboard. I feel like I have finally entered the 2009 mobile world. I know I'm fashionably late but it's nice to be here.

No comments: