Monday, December 29, 2008

To Pill or not to Pill

My husband and I have been getting baby fever lately. It's probably just Canadian winter boredom but we have baby on the brain. I've been asking all the moms I know what to do in preparation and they've recommended a couple books and vitamins. I'm currently reading my sister's pick, "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy".

Last week we anxiously decided that I would stop taking birth control pills after the current pack was finished. Well, the time has come and we've totally chickened out. The funny part is we did the exact same thing last month. This time the excuse is that we want to get the ball rolling on moving to Los Angeles first before we make any life-altering decisions. The weather there is fantastic and... well that's about it. The weather. We're done with the cold.

Anyway, I want to have kids but the thought of actually DOING it, freaks me right out. I don't want to grow up. I want to stay young and sexy. I would rather be seen as a chick than a "mom". I want to stay free and well-rested with my husband and not have to get up at all hours of the night and spend all day disciplining a wild child. Yes, I think I'll stay on birth control for a little while longer.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: