Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gimme deep fried dough!

Husband is away, spending this weekend out in Vail, Colorado snowboarding with friends. He keeps calling me from the top of the ski lift wanting to stay on the phone with me to "take me down the mountain" with him. It might be fun for him to have me on the phone but it's far from being virtual reality for me. All I hear is Husband yelling "left, right, left, right" over the sound of wind whipping against the microphone. The first couple times was cute but this third time I told him I was on the other line and had to go. He's so cute for missing me.

So, I've been fending for myself the last few days. I am even MORE boring than I thought. Friday was pretty eventful because I was here at work with the girls (our employees) and then did family obligations that evening. Saturday I spent the ENTIRE day at home watching MTV gems like "Paris Hilton: My New BFF". I had several offers from friends to go out especially since I mentioned his absence in my Facebook profile but it turns out that I would rather spend my time with my BFF... me! JK!

For today's dinner, I will get a Panzerotto from the local Italian cafe near our office. I got to thinking how many names there are for this heavenly combination of dough, cheese and tomato sauce. And, by "many", I mean three: Panzerotto, Panzerotti and Calzone. And by names, I mean two. Panzerotto, it turns out, is made up since I can't find it in Wiki. One thing is for sure: the only way to eat a Calzone/Panzerotti is deep fried. Not every place has a deep frier big enough for this son-of-a-B but when you find an establishment brave enough to dunk an entire pizza folded in half into hot oil, put their telephone number on speed dial.

No comments: