Saturday, March 14, 2009

Little word, big difference

Today I changed my blog to "from" from "in". In other words, from "in" to "from". Confused?

"Debbie in Toronto" describes my current location and it's not always true. For example, I'm leaving for New York tomorrow. If I wanted to blog while I was in New York, that would make me a big liar. Also, Husband and I are thinking of moving to Los Angeles sometime in the relatively near future. How could I continue to be "Debbie in Toronto" then? So, the decision was made in the spirit of looking ahead and keeping me honest. I am now "Debbie from Toronto". This is true of me anywhere I might be in the world, both literally and philosophically. I feel good about the revision and I hope I haven't lost any readers because of this transition.

I was also able to snag debbiefromtoronto@gmail.com so the transformation is truly complete.

More about my trip to New York later... I'm flying with Porter - can you say "free internet access?" I'm sure I'll blog again at the gate to let you know all the exciting things I have on my list. FYI, I'll be on the 404 podcast on Wednesday.

No comments: