Thursday, January 29, 2009

Goodbye cruel world!

Today Husband and I ate Square Boy for lunch. I LOVE their chicken souvlaki in a bun with a big fresh greek salad. The bun is tender and juicy and the salad is crispy and refreshing. I've eaten that exact meal about 10 times this week.

I was nearing the end of my meal when I took another bite from the bun. The texture of the meat didn't seem right so I looked down at the nugget of chicken. What I saw was horrifying... the chicken was totally RAW inside. Not slightly pink. Totally R.A.W. It was so nasty to realize I had half of it chewed up in my mouth. I spit and called Husband to take a look and save me from my now inevitable, painful death. "What do I dooooooo?!?" I cried out.

Husband folded the evidence up in the paper wrapping and put it aside. I pleaded, "honey, can you Google what you should do if you eat raw chicken?" Husband replied, "I'll call Telehealth".

After giving the nurse on the other end of the line everything from first and last name to postal code, she finally put Husband on hold to what I suspect was to Google, "what you should do if you eat raw chicken." She ended up telling us to wait for symptoms and then go get medical attention. Thaaaanks. I was hoping for some clever preventative measures like, "induce vomiting" or "take a plum, heat it in the microwave, shave some almonds on top and eat it similtaniously with a hot pepper."

So, if I don't make it, please think of me fondly... remember, no one has faults after they're dead.

No comments: